Sunday, November 20, 2011

Honey Mustard Dressing Variation

OK my husband told me I had to type this one out....

This went over a salad bed of greens, topped with lightly sauted (coconut oil) asparagus with shredded carrots,mixed with tarragon, mustard. (I will type this out later, I orginally made these carrots as a raw dish, but wasn't crazy about the flavor, so I decdied to saute just a bit, turned it from ok to Yummy.) Grind the fresh black pepper on top.  This dressing would go well on any salad.

Dressing - about a cup, it is not thick like the store kind since it doesnt have fillers. 
1 part raw apple cider vinegar
1 part grapeseed oil (want the neutral flavor)
1 part raw honey
2 parts water
1/8 c. or 2 TBLS of mustard powder (start with this then add to your preference)
1/4 tsp of garlic powder
pinch of sea salt

Mix all together in a small blender (i used the Tribest).  Adjust to preferences.

No comments:

Post a Comment