Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What I learned from Laura

I meet Laura today while picking out my produce, and this special girl gave me a complete stranger a hug then asked my name.  I returned the hug, then I asked her name, L-a-u-r-a,  she said.  Then she asked, can I pray for you? She prayed a prayer like this, Dear God may Zina have a nice day here at the store and may you bless her, lead us not into tempetaion, in Jesus Name AMEN.  Then a lady who worked in the store was wearing a name tag that said WENDY - she proceeded to spell her name and said WENDY can i pray for you?  and gave her a hug and she prayed for her the same prayer.  Wendy and I exchanged glances of "is that the sweetest/awesome'est thing you have ever seen?"

It took a special girl not afraid to show God's love to whoever she meet, what a lesson I could learn from her.  She embodied the verse " perfect love cast out fear ".  She was not afraid of what someone would think of her, or what someone would say. 

My prayer for Laura is that she could minister to even those unspecting of her "intent" to pray for them, and she would be protected from nasty people who would try and dampen her spirit.  Thank you Laura for sharing your love and prayers God has given you.

No comments:

Post a Comment